Hiking- Fall 2017
Short hikes will start this year September 7 on Thursdays.
We still have a meeting place at the Granit Run Mall Route 1 Entrance traffic light, next to the McDonalds Restaurant. Drive in the entrance street, and park on the back side of the curb in the mall parking lot. Meeting time 9:15 am to arrange carpools and parking, leaving promptly at 9:30. Please bring water and lunch, dress in layers w/small backpack and $$ for Driver(s).
Please call or text leader prior to hike, either the night before (before 10pm) or day of the hike (before 8:45am). This is a big help to arrange car pools, discuss weather cancellations and decide if it is more convenient to meet at a trailhead.
Hikes are about 5-7 miles and easy to moderate in difficulty. Consider wearing comfortable hiking shoes and bringing a change of shoes since some trails are muddy, and used by dogs and horses.
Questions? Mel Stiles phone & text: 609-230-5046. Email: email@example.com
1) September 7 Wenonah Woods (NJ)
2) 2) September 14 Brandywine SP – w/Bentwood Rocker Lunch (PA)
3) 3) September 21 Wolf’s Hollow-White trail & Waterfall trail (PA)
4) 4) September 28 French Creek SP - Lake Hike, Apple Pic’in & Furnace Tour (PA)
5) 5) October 5 Wissahickon w/Valley Green Lunch (PA)
6) 6) October 12 Historic Smithville - Lake Hike and Mansion Tour (NJ)
7) 7) October 19* Leader away, do your favorite hike
8) 8) October 26 Ridley Creek SP – White Trail (PA)
9) 9) November 2 Stroud Preserve – Natural Lands Trust (PA)
1 10) November 9 Lake Nummy/East Creek Pond Loop in Belleplain SF (NJ)
1 11) November 16 Maurice River bluffs – w/special guided tour (NJ)
1 12) November 22(Wed) Darlington Trail (PA)